The simple things matter a lot. You’d be amazed at the number of options you have to deal with a smelly microwave. Perhaps, you can’t figure out how to clean microwave and that’s why you let dirt simmer. Well, don’t let that bother you! This article will open your eyes to see and implement great methods.
Table of contents
- What to clean
- The methods…
- Clean microwave with lemon
- How to clean microwave with baking soda
- How to clean microwave with vinegar
- How to clean microwave with dish soap
- How to clean microwave with bleach
- How to clean microwave after burning food
- How to clean a microwave after burning popcorn
- How to clean microwave after egg explosion
- How to clean a microwave with mold in it
- Clean microwave with lemon
Also, some of these methods you’d get to learn offer basic, non-toxic and cheap options. You’ll even be at a cross-road comparing them to just about every commercial detergent.
Nobody loves grime. It looks so slimy, sticky and murky; all at the same time! With the techniques about to be unraveled, you won’t have to look at any of it and think, ‘that’s gross’. The thing about grime and some stubborn dirt is most times, you don’t even realize they’re there. Take a peak, will you? And follow these steps…
What to clean
This isn’t farfetched, right? You know something is wrong when you try to heat up some food and tastes last night’s meal. Obvious signs and you have taken time out to clean with precision. Be mindful of the insides and the door, chances are some food might ha e exploded onto them. The insides of your microwave should always be neat and tidy, with proven steps…
How to clean inside of the microwave
Knowing how to clean inside a microwave is just as easy as doing it. You’re going to need some water and some citrus fruits (strange right?). You can go with limes, lemon, orange slices or vinegar (appeal cider).
Whites are also important and some tablespoons would go a long way. Squeeze some of the juice from the fruit you chose into the water and stir in a bowl. Place the bowl inside the microwave and put on high power for some minutes. This helps the mixture boil and leaves the window steamy.
Give it at least 5 minutes to cool off before opening the door after which, you take out the bowl. Wipe your appliance with a sponge or something similar.
How to clean inside microwave door
With this, you may have to figure out how to clean microwave with lemon. It always comes in handy and it’s no different from the microwave door which forms an important part of the microwave.
To begin, slice the lemons into and squeeze the juice from both halves into a cup. Also, add a cup of water to the juice and put it in the microwave. Let it cook for a little while till it oils. Then, leave the microwave closed with the resultant hot water inside. Let it cool as steam gathers on the door, and then clean.
If the door is grimy, you can also give it a mop-up with a grease-cutting cleaner or soda and some water.
How to clean inside microwave stainless steel
The interior of the microwave is usually made of stainless steel but dirt can still form. The steel is made to keep the insides free from food stains, and odors. Constant cleaning and shining is often the only way to keep it neat helping it to perform better. You can do a mop-up with just water, with a cleaning agent or other ingredients like white vinegar.
A half cup each of the water and vinegar mixed in a bowl would do. Let the microwave heat the bowl with the door shut for at least 5 minutes. Expect the steam to loosen food residue and stains. Take out the bowl and turntable and clean with a sponge or cloth. Use warm water to wring when wiping interior for stains. Also, you can take out the turntable to wash in a sink. Use a dry towel to dry.
Clean microwave with lemon
How to clean a microwave with lemon? Easy. There are steps that are pretty much straightforward to carry out. Further, you don’t need too much! You need lemons, a bowl for the microwave and dry towel.
Put a half cup of water into a bowl
Slice the lemon and squeeze juice into the water and drop the slices halves into the bowl.
Microwave for 3 minutes by placing the bowl inside and on high power for the liquid to boil.
Leave it to stand in the microwave for 5 minutes in order for the steam to loosen the junk inside.
You can open the door of the microwave and gently take out the bowl. Wipe everything clean. Turntables (is it has one), the insides, and the door.
For stubborn spots, dip a dry towel in the lemon-water solution and scrub until the spots come off.
How to clean microwave with baking soda
Using a baking soda is another effective way to clean a microwave. The method is perfect for cleaning spattered sauce and popcorn butter. You’ll need 2 tablespoons of baking soda in a bowl (microwave safe) and a cup of water.
• Step 1: Take out the turntable before sprinkling baking soda across the bottom of your microwave. If you don’t feel comfortable cleaning your microwave like that, you can make a paste with the soda.
• Step 2: Moisten a cloth with hot water and give the inside walls a good old thorough scrub. Don’t leave out the door too. Watch tough stains give way!
• Step 3: Rinse the cloth and wipe the microwave. Wring till baking soda mixture comes off the cloth before moistening with hot water. All traces of baking soda must be wiped from the microwave.
• Step 4: After drying the turntable and support ring, wipe them with a clean towel before returning them into the microwave.
How to clean microwave with vinegar
The method works terrifically, especially if you haven’t cleaned your microwave in a long while. The things you need include vinegar (how much vinegar you need to clean microwave), safe bowl, a stick/toothpick, water, and sponge.
• Step 1: Put the same amount of water and vinegar into the bowl. Keep in mind how long you intend to steam your microwave.
• Step 2: Place your toothpick into the solution. It is a precautionary step that can keep an explosion at bay. It’s not entirely necessary but safety never hurts. You’ll notice bubbles forming on the stick.
• Step 3: Let the bowl heat for at least 5 minutes (just how dirty is your microwave?). Then leave to steam for up to 2 minutes.
• Step 4: Take the bowl out with oven mitts after a while. Dip a sponge into the hot mixture and scrub down your microwave. Don’t be surprised if you don’t need a sponge because of how easily the grime and dirt come off.
How to clean microwave with dish soap
Moving to a more conventional way on how to clean microwave which involves a dish soap. You’ll need dish soap, safe bowl and some water (warm)
• Step 1: Fill up your microwave safe bowl with warm water and add a generous amount of dish soap.
• Step 2: Place the bowl in the microwave for a minute to steam then remove.
• Step 3: Take a dampened sponge and wipe the insides as the steam has loosened all dried dirt and debris. The steam makes everything easier to clean.
How to clean microwave with bleach
You have to be very careful here and always be on the lookout for a fume-free product.
• Step 1: Make sure your appliance isn’t on because unlike the other methods, you don’t have to heat bleach.
• Step 2: Deep dry towel into bleach and proceed to wipe the insides of the microwave, also wipe turntables and rings.
• Step 3: Leave the door open for a few good hours to dry.
How to clean microwave after burning food
One thing about burnt food is that the stains and the acrid smell never seem to go away! It can go on for days and even weeks. Well, you can get rid of the stain and stench with the following steps. You’ll need a soft towel, acetone cleaner, water, and detergent.
• Step 1: Soak the dry towel (a cotton ball won’t be bad) in the acetone nail polish remover
• Step 2: Target the burn marks and stains with the acetone cleaner and scrub until they are off.
• Step 3: After scrubbing, you should clean the microwave with warm water and detergent. This helps get rid of residue from the cleaner. You don’t want your food to get contaminated.
How to clean a microwave after burning popcorn
It’s a very common problem not because we all love popcorn, but because it’s difficult to clean. It’s all good until you have yellow butter and popcorn burn all over the place. Let’s not forget the stench that comes with that. You’ll need something stronger like water, white vinegar, dry towel, and paper towel.
• Step 1: Fill a microwave-safe bowl with a half cup of water and 1 tablespoon of white vinegar.
• Step 2: Microwave this mixture for 4-6 minutes with the door shut for at least 10 minutes to steam.
• Step 3: The vinegar-water solution absorbs odors and loosens burnt stains.
• Step 4: Remove the bowl and clean the insides of your microwave with a paper towel.
How to clean microwave after egg explosion
Don’t we just love eggs? Well, not when they explode in the microwave! The cause is pretty basic too. To clean, take a sponge (damp), dish soap, warm water, and vinegar.
• Step 1: Dampen your sponge in warm water and add a drop of dish soap on it and wipe the egg remains in the microwave.
• Step 2: Take a safe bowl and fill it with about 10-15 ml of white vinegar.
• Step 3: Let the microwave be on medium setting while the vinegar heats up for a few minutes. The steam will deodorize the microwave, getting rid of the odor.
How to clean a microwave with mold in it
Sounds weird right? Mold shouldn’t even be found growing in a microwave! It’s simply not the ideal habitat but the fact is leaving food particles for so long without cleaning can cause mold to form. You can always get rid of it though…
• Step 1: Clean your microwave. That’s the obvious thing to do. You can scrub with a towel and a liquid detergent.
• Step 2: Dry out every conceivable part of your microwave because moisture is perfect for mold.
• Step 3: Make use of white vinegar to scrub the insides of the microwave. Mix with water and scrub. If the mold is too much, use the vinegar approach alone.
Here are some products you can count on to clean your microwave.
Beito Microwave Cleaner
If you want to clean your microwave but just can’t seem to find the time, this product is just for you! In just 7 minutes you can have your microwave in brand new condition. It will steam clean and keep your microwave disinfected. Also, the grease and crud will loosen up in record time, making for a good wipe out.
Healthy Clubs Microwave Cleaner
Want a cleaner with no overt chemicals that could cause issues? This is it. Grime, crud, stains, you name it, it will get them all off in good time. It’s an easy and effective way to clean and wipe the insides of your microwave.
Stalwart Microwave Steam Cleaner
With this product, you won’t spend time thinking about how to clean a microwave. The formula works within 3 minutes with the aid of a powerful steam action. Germs are also dealt with by the steam cleaners. It’s a no-brainer really, especially if you can’t do it all on your own.
How to clean a kitchen sponge in microwave
• Step 1: Place the sponge in the microwave. Ensure it’s saturated with water (depending on the sponge, it could be more or less).
• Step 2: Heat on high for a minute or two.
How to clean jewelry in microwave
We all know how maintaining jewelry can be, especially if you need to buy jewelry cleaner every now and then. You’ll need 1 tablespoon baking soda, 1 tablespoon dish detergent, 1 cup of water, a cereal bowl, 1 piece aluminum foil.
• Step 1: Use a piece of the aluminum foil to cover the bottom of the bowl while you heat a cup of water in the microwave for a minute.
• Step 2: Pour the heated water into the bowl. Add baking soda, salt, and dish detergent. Stir till they dissolve.
• Step 3: Place the jewelry in the solution and allow for 10 minutes.
• Step 4: Rinse the jewelry with cold water. Use a soft cloth to dry.
How to clean beauty blender in microwave
• Step 1: Get a mug and squeeze some fairy liquid inside and half-fill with water. Put the dirty beauty blender (or a part) inside the mug.
• Step 2: place the mug in the microwave for about a minute on full.
• Step 3: Take it out of the microwave and remove any excess water (beware of hot water). Your blender will come out new and shiny.
How to clean makeup brushes in microwave
It’s still a novel way but nonetheless effective.
• Step 1: Get a cup of water and fairy liquid. Let the two mix
• Step 2: Insert your makeup brushes into the mix and microwave for at least 1 minute
• Step 3: Take out the cup with the items and leave a little before rinsing them out. Noticed how clean the brushes are?
Now you know how to clean a microwave or toss in some tools and items for optimal cleaning. It will save you money and time.